From the Ultimate History Lesson Video in the previous post, we have this fantastic breakdown of the audio. Four more posts will follow for easy downloading of this audio feed.
I listened to this audio – twice. Now I’m listening to the analysis roundtable, which I’ll post next.
Would anyone like to listen and comment on this fantastic expose on the education system on my radio broadcast? It would be a great way to practice your active literacy.
Necessity is the mother of invention, er, renaming of an old product.
The most original invention since the electric light bulb! Although a heatball is technically very similar to a light bulb, it is a heater rather than a source of light.12 Heatball Theses
- Heatball is the enlightened view of what is essential
- Heatball is the warmth that has not been recognised for decades
- Heatball is the reversal of disaffected thinking
- Heatball has become satire through the absurdity of reality
- Heatball is like Hamlet, who presents a mirror to his cynical stepfather
- Heatball is easy to understand and difficult to fight, and gets stronger through arbitrariness and harassment
- Heatball is an electrical resistance against the destruction of cultural goods
- Heatball is an image for the dilemma of culture to combine knowledge and emotions
- Heatball is an Art Action and connects the people of Europe with warmth
- Heatball is the artistic answer to a product of politics
- Heatball is unbureaucratic help for the rain forest from people
- Heatball is free from mercury, independent from lobbyists,and a symbol of free mind
via Heatball :: Home.
Fascinating videos on the future of education. Is this deliberate or such a reckless ship lurching around for a port?
Logan Laplante is a 13 year-old boy who was taken out of the education system to be home schooled instead. Not only was he home schooled, but Logan had the ability to tailor his education to his interests and also his style of learning, something traditional education does not offer. As Logan has mentioned, when he grows up he wants to be happy and healthy. At a TEDx talk in 2013, he discussed how hacking his education is helping him achieve that goal.
In a rather succinct book, Erin Pizzey wrote a message that should have started change in society. I will never forget the breathtaking sense of clarity I felt as I read the very first page. Her book was called Prone to Violence, and in it she documents her experience of running the first ever domestic violence refuge, Chiswick Women’s Aid, which she founded in 1971.
Passionate woman speaks out against the NDAA.
Ominous story, assuming it’s true. Even if DHS just googled the woman and found out her profile of problems, it’s still quite the nasty surprise at the border. Hopefully the Ontario government didn’t share anything, but it’s more likely her internet presence got her into trouble. A good lesson for all slavebook fans!
Disabled woman denied entry to U.S. after agent cites supposedly private medical details
A Toronto woman is shocked after she was denied entry into the U.S. because she had been hospitalized for clinical depression.